9th Annual Camping For Hunger Food Drive
14 November 2017 News
It’s the 9th annual Camping for Hunger food drive and the response has already made huge steps in building up food reserves for Front Royal/Warren County C-CAP this holiday season. C-CAP serves the Front Royal/Warren County community by offering the following services:
- CCAP serves over 2700 families in the town and county
- This number represents more than 8000 people
- Included in the approximately 8000 total clients served is a large number of children; well over 1500 by our estimates
- With the help of all who donate and volunteer we distribute more than 125,000 pounds of food each year
- Donations come from individuals, business, service organizations, the congregations and local food stores like Martins, Walmart, Costco and others,
- Also provide hundreds of items of clothing
- Limited emergency financial assistance
- Limited assistance with prescription medicines
Last year, $8,000 and ten tons of food were donated and the goal is to beat that by 10% this year. The big yellow school bus is parked prominently in the parking lot of the Royal Plaza Shopping Center and people have been stopping by with cash, Martin’s gift cards and non-perishable food donations. Listeners have also been brought meals for the staff as they man the bus 24/7.
Staff members of Royal Broadcasting, Inc. (The River 95.3) have been eating, sleeping, and broadcasting live from the bus beginning Monday, November 13 through Saturday morning at 8am on November 18.
If you’re unable to stop by the bus to drop off your food donations, you can visit one of our food partners to leave your donation. A list of them can be found on our website: http://theriver953.com/campingforhunger/ You can follow our progress on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/TheRiver953