Truck Catches Fire Outside Strasburg Rite Aid
11 July 2018 News
A fire official has determined that a blaze that started in the back of a truck bed Monday evening at 7 p.m. in Strasburg was caused by hot coals still resting in a grill.
According to reports, a man from Maurertown, his girlfriend, and their two small children were in a 2018 Ford F-350 when they were forced to pull over after a fire broke out in the truck’s bed. The driver stopped the vehicle at a Rite Aid store on Crystal Lane. Assistant Fire Marshal Joseph Loving was quoted as saying that “air movement… fanned the flames” as “fire spread rapidly” from the grill in the back, which had likely spilled hot coals that ignited materials in the bed.
State agencies were notified of the incident because of 20 to 30 gallons of diesel fuel that had flowed out as a result, some of it into a nearby storm drain. A majority of that spill was recovered. The fire completely destroyed the vehicle at an estimated cost of $50,000 to the owner.
For more news from across the Shenandoah Valley, click here.
Dylan Nicholls Strasburg fire, Strasburg truck coals bed fire, Strasburg truck fire, Rite Aid fire, Strasburg truck, Rite Aid truck fire, Strasburg rite aid, Rite Aid flames, Strasburg rite aid fire, Rite Aid blaze, Strasburg rite aid truck, Crystal Lane rite aid, Strasburg rite aid truck fire, Crystal Lane strasburg, Strasburg truck bed, Crystal Lane fire, Strasburg truck bed fire, Crystal Lane truck fire, Strasburg coals, strasburg diesel fuel, Strasburg grill, strasburg diesel spill, Strasburg truck grill, Strasburg truck coals, Strasburg truck grill fire, Strasburg truck bed grill fire, Strasburg truck coals fire, Strasburg