Home
  • Home
  • Belle Grove’s New Visitors Center Opens
center

Belle Grove’s New Visitors Center Opens

13 April 2019 Frederick County News


Belle Grove is opening its new Beverley B. Shoemaker Welcome Center today (4/13/2019).

The Belle Grove Manor house was built in 1797 by the sister of President James Madison and her husband, and was used as a headquarters by Union General Phillip Sheridan during the Civil War Valley campaign of 1864. Its newly debuted center will function as a visitor entrance to the property, and is housed in a 1918 Bank Barn. The new space will hold a Museum Shop, exhibits, special events, and visitor amenities. Belle Grove’s grounds opened for the 2019 season on March 23rd, and will close again on October 31st.

For more news from across the Shenandoah Valley, click here.


, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,