- Contact Us
Brief lane closures begin in Front Royal
Expect periodic lane closures in the Town of Front Royal now through Feb. 13 due to work being done on the town sewer system.
The work will be conducted by contractor Duke’s Root Control Inc.
Meters are being placed in manholes to assist Town staff in monitoring the system and identifying areas in need of improvement.
Much of the work will be done on public streets some within easements behind and beside homes.
Watch for marked vehicles and signage directing traffic for the next week.
The periodic lane closures during installation though traffic impacts are anticipated to be minimal. The closures include:
- West of N. Shenandoah Ave. between Kendrick Lane and W. 11th St, East of Massanutten Ave.
- West of Virginia Ave between E. 6th St. and E 2nd St.
- West of S. Royal Ave between W. 1st St. and South St.
- East of S. Royal Ave., West of S. Commerce Ave between E Stonewall Dr., and John Marshall Hwy.
- North of John Marshall Hwy. on Portsmouth Rd., Richmond Rd., and Gloucester Rd.
- South of John Marshall Hwy. on Oakmont Rd., Elm St., and Hillvue St.
- North of John Marshall Hwy. on Westminster Dr. to Windsor Ct.
- South of John Marshall Hwy. on Biggs Dr. and Robin Hood Ln.
- West of Leach Run Pkwy., East of Locust Dale Dr. between Canterbury Rd. and John Marshall Hwy.
- East of Leach Run Pkwy. and West of Longhill Rd.
- South of Happy Creek Rd., East of Lewis St, West of Imboden Dr. and North of Leach Run
Should you have any questions, please contact Public Works Department at (540) 635-7819 during the business hours of Monday-Friday 7 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
For more news from across the Shenandoah Valley, click here.