Home
  • Home
  • Commonwealth Senior Living Evacuated for Gas Leak
senior living

Commonwealth Senior Living Evacuated for Gas Leak

16 March 2019 Front Royal/Warren County News


A Warren County senior living community was evacuated Thursday (3/14/2019) after a gas leak was discovered.

Warren County Fire and Rescue units were dispatched to the Commonwealth Senior Living Community at 3 p.m. after staff members reported a strong odor there. Upon arrival, they found a significant leak in an underground piping system for a liquified petroleum gas tank and generator. The leak was located 15-20 feet from the building, and crews worked for 40 minutes to contain it before the facility was deemed safe again. In all, a total of 74 residents and 25 staff members evacuated the building with no reported injuries.

For more news from across the Shenandoah Valley, click here.


, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,