“Expect the Unexpected” Friends Used Book Sale Announced at Bowman Library
Handley Regional Library System and the Friends of the Handley Regional Library System announce the “Expect the Unexpected” Friends Used Book Sale running August 10-22, 2020 at Bowman Library. This book sale has several new safety adjustments due to COVID-19. Patrons will need to make an appointment to shop with a 1-hour time limit (following the library system’s adjusted public hours) by contacting Barbara Dickinson, Executive Director of the Friends of the Handley Regional Library System, at 540-662-9041 ext. 31 or email@example.com. Book prices will range from $1-$2 and will start with non-fiction titles only (poetry, history, nature, cookbooks, biographies, military history, classics, literature, health, financial literacy, armchair travel, gardening, and sheet music) which will be laid out in boxes around the room for shoppers to sort and pick their own selection. Additional genres – including a few surprises – may be announced as the sale progresses and as safety and resources allow.
“We know this sale will look very different from previous years and we appreciate everyone’s flexibility and patience” says Dickinson. “That’s why we named it ‘Expect the Unexpected’ book sale! While we may not have the normal volume of shoppers, we will be offering our best-selling inventory for two whole weeks. Depending on safety and other logistics, we are planning a few surprises and additional materials that may be announced as able.”
“This is a critical time for the library system for funding, especially considering we had to cancel our spring sale and forgo the proceeds we normally receive for programming and materials courtesy of the Friends,” adds John Huddy, Director of the Handley Regional Library System. “We thank the Friends and Barbara for finding a safe and realistic way to hold the sale – the community looks forward to the book sales. We invite everyone who is comfortable to make an appointment, shop the sale, stock up on your favorite reads, and support your library system.”
Additional Logistics and Safety Precautions
· Masks must be worn at all times to enter the building and while shopping
· On-going sanitation of the room and public space will occur
· Social distancing precautions must be observed at all times
· 10 shoppers are allowed in the meeting room at one time by reservation only
· You will receive a reservation confirmation with your appointment time and date
· Sale Hours: M-Th 10AM-6PM, Fri 10AM-5PM, Sat 10AM-2PM
· Patrons may enter and exit the sale through the back exterior emergency exit door of the Bowman Meeting Room leading to the parking lot.
· Payment is by exact change, credit card, or check only.
· Book donations are not being accepted at this time.
Janet Michael Expect the Unexpected Friends Used Book Sale, used book sale at bowman library, covid19 library plan, barbara dickinson, friends of handley regional library, John Huddy, Handley Regional Library System, Handley Regional Library, Bowman Library