Front Royal’s Leach Run Parkway Opens
27 June 2017 News
The long awaited opening of Front Royal’s Leach Run Parkway has finally arrived. A Ribbon cutting ceremony was held on June 26, 2017 at 8:00am to celebrate the occasion. Motorist can now officially travel the roadway that connects Route 55 and Happy Creek Road. Further, it will serve as a vital transportation path for emergency vehicles to serve the surrounding area.
The bid date for the project goes back to June of 2015. However it has been twenty-five years since the initial preliminary design of the road was done. The project was made possible by the Town of Front Royal, Warren County, the Economic Development Authority, and the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT). The road was funded through a 50% revenue sharing agreement with VDOT, with the county picking up 66% of the remaining cost, and the town 34%.
News_one ribbon cutting ceremony, Happy Creek Road, Virginia Department of Transportation, Front Royal-Warren County Economic development Authority, leach run parkway, Warren County Economic Development Authority, Route 55, VDOT