John Rixey Moore playground under construction
Work has begun to update and expand the John Rixey Moore Playground in Rose Hill Park. The work will include:
- Removal of the existing playset
- Installation of a new playset designed for children between the ages of 5 and 12 years.
- Relocation of two existing horse spring riders
- Installation of two new pieces of equipment for children between the ages of 2 and 5 years.
- Removal of three existing diggers
- Installation of three new diggers
- Installation of new swing hardware and swings (two of the four designed for younger patrons)
- Expanding the fall zone to accommodate new and relocated equipment
To ensure the public’s safety, the playground will be closed until further notice. It should be reopened in February, however some work, such as painting, will likely not be completed until the spring.
For more news from across the Shenandoah Valley, click here.
News_one removal of diggers, installation of diggers, new swing hardware, fall zone, fall zone expansion, closed until february, John Rixey Moore, John Rixey Moore playground, John Rixey Moore playground construction, new playset installation, horse spring riders, new equipment, new playground equipment, rose hill park