Home
  • Home
  • Northwestern Community Services evacuated Thursday after filling with smoke

Northwestern Community Services evacuated Thursday after filling with smoke

5 May 2016 News


FRONT ROYAL, Va.–A report of smoke coming through the vents of the Northwestern Community Services building on  W. Criser Road Thursday morning around 9:15 sent Warren County Fire and Rescue first responders to the scene.

Upon arrival, crews found workers in the building evacuating the building.

Chief Richard Mabie said on-scene that the smoke appeared to be coming from a malfunctioning fan-belt motor.  He said his crews vented the building, which allowed the smoke to clear and workers to eventually return to their offices.

The chief said it’s fortunate that the incident occurred while people were in the building, because the situation could have developed into a full-fledged fire had it gone unnoticed during a time when the building was unoccupied.


, ,