- Contact Us
We pre-recorded today’s conversation in-person with Dr. Tony Wolf, Director & Professor of Viticulture at the Alson H Smith, Jr., Agricultural Research & Extension Center.
Tony explained the research they do and their partnership with the extension offices. He gave us details for the Open House that will happen on Saturday, August 14, 2021 from 1pm – 5pm. The facility is located at 595 Laurel Grove Road, Winchester.
The Center’s scientists will provide an overview of their research projects and outreach efforts through hands-on activities, posters, and guided tours of the research vineyards and orchards. Some of the featured research includes:
- Biological management of brown marmorated stinkbug
- Smart crop thinning strategies for biennial-bearing apple varieties
- Novel disease management strategies for wine grapes
- Novel wine grape variety evaluations
- Reducing the risk of fungal resistance development to effective fungicides
- Reducing the risk of spring frost damage to fruit trees and grapevines