Community Health: Valley Health Cancer Center
17 February 2020
Our conversation with Dr. Shalini Reddy, thoracic surgeon and medical director of thoracic surgery; and, Dr. Glen Bouder, interventional pulmonologist, included topics such as lung cancer prevention & screening, detection & treatment, as well as survivorship care.
We talked about the GO2 Foundation for Lung Cancer recently designating Winchester Medical Center a Care Continuum Center of Excellence for lung cancer care — the first hospital in Virginia so recognized.
We also talked about the tobacco cessation classes, support and resources offered by Valley Health to help people stop smoking.
Freedom From Smoking® Group Clinics
- The American Lung Association’s Freedom From Smoking® course is a step-by-step plan for quitting smoking and transitioning to a smoke-free lifestyle.
- This FREE course includes eight small group classes over seven weeks
- Classes are led by Valley Health staff members who are American Lung Association certified facilitators.
- New sessions have started in Front Royal (Thursdays, 3-5 pm) and Winchester (Saturdays, 10 am – 12 noon), with more being scheduled in February and March.
- To learn more, visit valleyhealthlink.com/quitsmoking or call 833-847-3627.