National Travel & Tourism Week in Shenandoah County
5 May 2020
We pre-recorded our conversation with Kary Haun for Tourism Tuesday via Zoom about Shenandoah County’s approach to celebrating National Travel & Tourism Week. National Travel & Tourism Week is an annual tradition for the U.S. travel community. It’s a time when travel and tourism professionals across the country unite to celebrate the value travel holds for our economy, businesses and personal well-being.
Kary told us about the different themed days of the week highlighting local businesses and activities that residents (and visitors, to a degree) can enjoy.
- Monday is Online Shopping Days – she highlighted a few during our conversation. This theme will continue beyond the week for many of the businesses.
- Tuesday is Take-Out Tuesday – she gave us a quick rundown of a few menu items from local restaurants such as Pancake Underground and Old Dominion Doggery. There were more restaurant offerings than we had time to cover on the air, so we discussed them after the show. You can hear the entire conversation, however on the podcast below.
- Wednesday’s focus is on virtual tours of attractions and local museums.
- Thursday is Thirsty Thursday – Kary encouraged people to check out the breweries, wineries and cideries located on the Shenandoah Spirits Trail.
- Friday is designated as Fresh Air Friday – she encouraged people to get outside and told us about the opening of Seven Bends State Park located in Woodstock.
- Saturday is all about the backyard BBQ.
For a full list of information and to read the blog that Kary mentioned during the show can be found on their website: https://www.visitshenandoahcounty.com/
Since we recorded our conversation via Zoom – you can actually WATCH our conversation (including pre/post and “during the break”) on our YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/k2MbIKYzSEs
Janet Michael different themed days in shenandoah county, monday is online shopping in shenandoah county, tuesday is take-out tuesday, wednesday is virtual tour, thursday is thirsty thursday, friday fresh air friday, saturday is backyard bbq, national tourism week, Seven Bends State Park, Janet Michael, kary haun, shenandoah county tourism, The Valley Today, Tourism Tuesday, Visit Shenandoah County