NSV Master Gardeners Green HelpLine
20 March 2020
We were in the studio with Katherine Rindt, an extension master gardener & Warren County coordinator for the help desk/Greenline to talk about what that is, how it works and where you can go to get your questions answered.
The help desk is available in all 5 surrounding counties and offers answers to:
- questions about plants and gardening issues;
- diagnose plant diseases and pest issues;
- advice on lawns, trees & vegetables;
- promote safe use of pesticides and fertilizers;
- provide access & analysis of soil tests
For more information about the master gardener program, events and how to join the local association, visit their website: http://nsvmga.org/
In Warren County:
- Phone: 540-635-4549
- Location: VCE Office, Warren County Government Center, 220 N Commerce Ave, Suite 500, Front Royal.
- In-Office Hours: Mondays, 10am – 1pm, April – October,
- Email: GreenHelpLine.WarrenCo@gmail.com
- Where Else to Find Them: 1st Saturday from 9 am – 12 pm at Southern States Front Royal during the growing season
In Frederick County:
- Phone: 540-665-5699
- Email: GreenHelpLine.FrederickCo@gmail.com
- Location: VCE Office, 107 North Kent Street, Winchester
- In-Office Hours: During the growing season, stop in every Wednesday, 10am – 1pm. Call or email from November 27th through March 4th.
- Where else to find them: Old Town Farmer’s Market, Loudoun Street Mall, Winchester, every Saturday, 9am-1pm, May-September
In Clarke County:
- Phone: 540-955-5164
- Email: NSVMGA.firstname.lastname@example.org (include “Clarke County Gardening Question” in the subject line)
- Location: VCE Office, 524 Westwood Rd, Berryville
In Shenandoah County:
- Phone: 540-459-6140
- Email: email@example.com
- Location: Shenandoah County Government Center, 600 North Main Street, Suite 100, Woodstock
- In-Office Hours: 1st Friday of the month, 9am-12pm during the growing season. Call or email during winter.
- Where Else to Find Them: Strasburg Farmers Market and South Street Barn Market in Woodstock , 4th Saturday, 9am – 12pm, April – September
In Page County:
- Phone: 540-778-5794
- Email: NSVMGA.firstname.lastname@example.org (include “Page County Gardening Question” in the subject line)
- Location: VCE Office, 215 West Main Street, Suite C, Stanley
- Question Drop-Off Hours: Monday through Friday, 8am – 5pm
- Where else to find them: Farm Market and Information Booth at Massanutten Country Corners, twice a month on Saturdays, May through September.
Janet Michael frederick county master gardeners, page county master gardeners, shenandoah county master gardeners, clarke county master gardeners, ask a master gardener, katherine rindt, warrenc ounty master gardeners, greenline, green help line, master gardener help desk, extension office friday, northern shenandoah valley master gardeners, nsv master gardeners, Janet Michael, The Valley Today