Shenandoah County 4-H/FFA Livestock Show & Sale
21 August 2020
We pre-recorded today’s conversation for “Extension Office Friday” via Zoom with Carol Nansel, a Shenandoah County extension agent focusing on 4-H youth development.
Joining us on the Zoom screen was Cheyenne Estep, Lindsey Rigby & Chad Biby to talk about the Shenandoah County 4-H/FFA Livestock Show & Sale happening Wednesday, September 2 through Saturday, September 5, 2020.
The Shenandoah County 4-H/FFA Livestock Show and Sale will take place in person at the Shenandoah County Fairgrounds, even though the Shenandoah County Fair has been cancelled. They will be following the Governor’s social distancing and sanitation orders to keep everyone safe. They explained how and what the show will look like this year:
- NO Spectators will be allowed at the Shows (Wed-Fri) to limit the number of people in the show barn.
- Streaming of the shows and sale on the Shenandoah Co 4-H Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ShenandoahCounty4H
- Buyers and Bidders will be allowed at the Sale on Saturday, September 5 at 3pm; however they will be managing the number of people allowed in the barn at one time.
- Remote bidding IS AVAILABLE by phone. Arrangements must be made in advance to have a bid-taker call the bidder.
- All of the buyer info, and forms for remote bidding, gallon of milk donations and additional donations to exhibitors are available now on the Virginia Cooperative Extension, Shenandoah Co Office, website under 4-H Livestock or can be emailed to potential bidders by calling 459-6140. Click here to visit that website.