Text Alert Tutorial
6 April 2020
We are REC – a podcast series produced in partnership with Rappahannock Electric Cooperative.
We were in the studio with Casey Hollins, Director of Communications and Public Relations for Rappahannock Electric Cooperative to get a quick tutorial for setting up REC outage alerts via text message.
Due to a recent system upgrade, if you signed up for REC outage alerts via text before March 2020, you will need to sign up for them again either on the website or via the SmartHub app on your mobile device. Be sure to have your account number handy.
On the SmartHub mobile app:
- Log in. In the bottom right corner you’ll see the option to click for more.
- Click settings.
- Click contact methods. Add your mobile number and/or email address. **You can also add in your spouse’s mobile phone number or anyone’s number that you’d like to be alerted in case of an outage at your home.
- Swipe the slider right for ‘Receive Text Messages’ and wait a second for a verification code.
- Enter your verification code.
- You’re done and set up to receive outage alerts via text, and then you’re all set.
On the website: https://myrec.smarthub.coop/
- Login to SmartHub.
- Under the notifications tab, choose ‘Manage Contacts’
- Follow the instructions from above.
Casey explained that REC will send an outage notification letting you know when a crew has been assigned to your outage; when a crew is on site; and, when your power is restored with the cause of the outage. When the crew arrives on site, they will typically provide you with an estimated restoration time as well.
REC provides electric service to over 170,000 connections in parts of 22 Virginia counties. With its general office in Fredericksburg, VA, the Cooperative operates and maintains more than 17,000 miles of power lines through its service area, which ranges from the Blue Ridge Mountains to the tidal waters of the Chesapeake Bay. For more information about REC, please visit www.myrec.coop. Follow REC on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
To hear more podcasts in the We Are REC podcast series, click here: https://theriver953.com/wearerec/
Janet Michael outage alerts from rec, rec tet alerts, rec text alerts, Rappahannock electric cooperative text alerts, Rappahannock electric cooperative outage text alerts, outage alerts, rec radio podcast, rapphannock electric coop radio podcast, my rec podcast, rappahannock electric cooperative podcast, we are rec, we are rec podcast, rec podcast, rappahannock electric coop podcast, casey hollins, rappahannock electric coop, Janet Michael, Rappahannock Electric Cooperative