Community Health Partnership: Valley Health Cancer Center
16 January 2020
Our conversation with Dr. Shalini Reddy, thoracic surgeon and medical director of thoracic surgery; and, Dr. Glen Bouder, interventional pulmonologist, included topics such as lung cancer prevention & screening, detection & treatment, as well as survivorship care.
We talked about the GO2 Foundation for Lung Cancer recently designating Winchester Medical Center a Care Continuum Center of Excellence for lung cancer care — the first hospital in Virginia so recognized.
We also talked about the tobacco cessation classes, support and resources offered by Valley Health to help people stop smoking.
Freedom From Smoking® Group Clinics
- The American Lung Association’s Freedom From Smoking® course is a step-by-step plan for quitting smoking and transitioning to a smoke-free lifestyle.
- This FREE course includes eight small group classes over seven weeks
- Classes are led by Valley Health staff members who are American Lung Association certified facilitators.
- New sessions have started in Front Royal (Thursdays, 3-5 pm) and Winchester (Saturdays, 10 am – 12 noon), with more being scheduled in February and March.
- To learn more, visit valleyhealthlink.com/quitsmoking or call 833-847-3627.
For more episodes in our community health series, click here.
Janet Michael GO2 FOundation, valley health cancer care, valley health cancer center, american lung association, quit smoking classes at valley health, quit smoking classes in front royal va, quit smoking classes in winchester va, dr shalini reddy, dr glen bouder, community health series, community health on the valley today, community health partnership, community health partner, valley health, Janet Michael, Warren Memorial Hospital, The Valley Today, Winchester Medical Center