- Contact Us
Recycle your live Christmas tree
The US Forestry Service is presenting six ways to recycle your live tree after the festivities are done.
- Soil erosion barrier – Christmas trees make effective sand and soil erosion barriers.
- Fish Feeders – Sink your tree into a private lake or pond. They make an excellent refuge and feeding area for fish.
- Bird Feeder – Place the Christmas tree in your backyard and offer it as a sanctuary and feeder for birds.
- Mulch – Christmas trees are biodegradable, remove the branches and chip them up for mulch.
- Paths for hiking trails – Shredded trees make great walking path material for hiking.
- Living, rooted trees – If you bought a living tree with roots, plant it in your yard immediately after Christmas.
More recycling tips and opportunities are available from the National Christmas Tree Association are available by clicking here.
For more news from across the Shenandoah Valley, click here.