Road Closures for Winchester’s Upcoming Independence Day Events
30 June 2017 News
Two local events in celebration of the Independence Day holiday, Rockin’ Independence Eve and Liberty 5K, will result in several local road closures.
Rockin’ Independence Eve – July 3
- Beginning at 3:00 pm:
- Boscawen Street from Indian Alley to Cameron Street
- Woodstock Lane from Pleasant Valley Road to East Lane. No westbound traffic permitted (local resident traffic only).
- East Lane from Cork to Philpot
- Beginning at 7:30pm:
- Kent Street from Boscawen Street to Piccadilly Street
- Boscawen Street from Cameron to East Lane (local resident traffic only)
- Beginning at 9:00pm:
- Piccadilly Street from Cameron Street to Kent Street beginning at 9:00pm. No eastbound traffic permitted.
- The fireworks display will begin at approximately 9:15pm and all streets will reopen at the conclusion of the show once all pedestrian traffic has cleared.
Rooftops of the downtown garages will be closed to pedestrian and vehicular traffic during the fireworks. Viewing the fireworks from the garage rooftops is prohibited. All traffic leaving the George Washington Autopark must turn north on Kent Street. The Kent Street entrance will remain open.
Liberty 5K – July 4, 8:00am-8:45am
- Cork Street from Bridgeforth Drive to Pleasant Valley Road
- Pleasant Valley Road from Cork Street to Millwood Avenue (left lane only)
- Millwood Avenue from Pleasant Valley Road to University Drive (left lane only)