Shenandoah Valley AREC to host virtual field day
The Virginia Tech Shenandoah Valley Agricultural Research and Extension Center’s 2020 Field Day will be held virtually, tomorrow, Aug. 5, at 2 p.m.
Participants will be able to watch presentations online showcasing the research and demonstration projects taking place at the center, while also being able to interact with speakers.
The event will cover the following topics:
- Establishing and protecting trees in pasture
- Biodiverse pasture systems for pollinators and cattle
- New herbicide options for pasture weed control
- Cow and calf performance on summer-stockpiled tall fescue pastures
- Supplementing yeast-derived products to feedlot cattle
- The Asian longhorned tick
- Standardized performance analyses for benchmarking cow herd productivity
- The Smartfarm Innovation Network
Register at https://tinyurl.com/yajkc9bf.
For those who can’t attend the event, it will be recorded and posted to the center’s website for viewing at a later date.
For more news from across the Shenandoah Valley, click here.
News_one cattle productivity, livestock production, small-scale forestry, virtual field day, SVAREC, virginia tech shenandoah valley agricultural research and extension center, shenandoah valley agricultural research and extension center, shenandoah valley agricultural research and extension center 2020 field day, herbicide options, asian longhorned tick, smartfarm innovation network, biodiverse pasture systems, cattle, register online