- Contact Us
The Shenandoah County Sheriff’s Office has already received calls about the use of counterfeit bills during the Yard Crawl.
They are encouraging the community to check their money by:
- holding the bill up to light
- looking for watermarks
- comparing it to another bill of the same denomination
- using an ultraviolet light
- feeling for texture or thinness
- inspecting borders and printing quality
If you believe you have received counterfeit money, contact the Sheriff’s office non-emergency number at 540-459-6100.