Warren County Fire Chief Bonzono: get the chimney inspected

thanksgiving safety tips

Warren County Fire and Rescue (WCFR) Chief James Bonzono in a WCFR social media post reminds citizens to have their chimneys professionally inspected before starting fires this season.

This, after a chimney fire in the 900 block of Goodview Drive Front Royal rendered a home uninhabitable after a chimney fire.

The fire began in the attic of the home around 8:30 p.m. Sat. Nov. 6.

The fire was under control in 45 minutes and no one was injured in the blaze.

The former residents of the home are receiving assistance from the American Red Cross.

Earlier in that same day WCFR had conducted an exercise involving a structure fire in the 9000 block of Winchester Road.

That was the burning of an acquired structure which saw smoke and flames rise and become visible from the road.

For more news from across the Shenandoah Valley, click here.