- Contact Us
Get ready for tonight’s NFL Draft with Ryan’s Mock draft, and don’t forget to listen to this week’s Sports Dogs Podcast focusing on the top 10 pick and the Commanders’ selection.
- Carolina Panthers: Bryce Young, QB, Alabama
Steph Curry of football
- Houston Texans: Will Anderson, EDGE, Alabama
I don’t think the Texans like the other QBs.
2022: 65 Pressures (2nd) 2021: 82 Pressures (1st) 2020: 60 Pressures (1st)
- Arizona Cardinals: CJ Stroud, QB, Ohio State
Cardinals Trade back to Raiders
- Indianapolis Colts: Anthony Richardson, QB, Florida
Colts can’t keep sending out retread future retirees at QB.
- Seattle Seahawks: Jalen Carter, DL, Georgia
Could’ve been first non-QB taken. Off the field concerns. Pleaded no contest in reckless driving and racing which led to a death. Overweight at combine. Doesn’t like hard coaching, Pete Carroll is a good fit for that.
- Detroit Lions: Christian Gonzalez, CB, Oregon
Best pure corner in draft. Long. WD40 smooth hips
- Las Vegas Raiders: Tyree Wilson, EDGE, Texas Tech
Cardinals trade back to Raiders spot and get a guy with great potential
- Atlanta Falcons: Lukas Van Ness, EDGE, Iowa
Falcons defensive line was baddddd. Van Ness did not play a ton at Iowa. Big potential pick.
- Chicago Bears: Paris Johnson, OT, Ohio State
Traded back showed confidence in Fields. A new OL will help him succeed. Only 2 sacks and No hits allowed at LT last season.
- Philadelphia Eagles: Nolan Smith, EDGE, Georgia
Eagles always pick players that terrify me and I don’t want to play against. Ran a 4.39 40 yd dash and was MAD
- Tennessee Titans: Devon Witherspoon, CB, Illinois
Consensus All-American and First-Team Big Ten in 2022. Titans just addressed other needs in free agency. 5.2 QBR when targeted.
- Houston Texans: Bijan Robinson, RB, Texas
Saquon. Stud. Teams started drooling over him last year. Instant fantasy football impact
- Green Bay Packers: Jaxon Smith-Njigba, WR, Ohio State
Best WR in draft. Could be a steal. 347 yards in Rose Bowl. OSU record for receiving yards in a season. First WR drafted in first round in 21 years in GB. Would also be absolutely hilarious to make Rodgers mad and draft a WR like he always wanted.
- New England Patriots: Joey Porter Jr, CB, Penn State
Another pick because it would be funny. Steelers and Pats big rivals at the time his Dad was in league. Spygate was Pats on Steelers. “I have a natural hate for them. Period. “And that’s just gonna be with me forever.”- Joey Porter Sr.
- New York Jets: Peter Skoronski, IOL, Northwestern
Best interior lineman. Could play outside down the road but has short arms.
- Washington Commanders: Darnell Wright, OT, Tenn
Shut down Will Anderson who will be top 5 pick in game vs Bama. Moves Wylie to guard which should help him. Versatile and experienced(played senior year and in senior bowl). Only 6 teams allowed more sacks than Commanders last year. Chris Samuels, Brandon Scherff and Trent Williams last OL taken by Washington in 1st round
- Pittsburgh Steelers: Broderick Jones, OT, Georgia
Highest ceiling of any lineman in draft. Steelers OL was so bad. Will help Pickett and Najee.
- Detroit Lions: Dalton Kincaid, TE, Utah
Need to fill hole left after trading away Hockenson. Kincaid is a better offensive weapon.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Will Levis, QB, Kentucky
Bucs need a QB. Levis falls.
- Seattle Seahawks: Myles Murphy, EDGE, Clemson
Seattle completely rebuilds DL in one round. Father attended Warren County High School.
- Los Angeles Chargers: Michael Mayer, TE, Notre Dame
New OC Kellen Moore likes two tight end sets
- Baltimore Ravens: Zay Flowers, WR, BC
Still trying to make nice with Lamar. Need cheaper investment at position after giving OBJ 18 mil
- Minnesota Vikings: Jordan Addison, WR, USC
WR panic! Vikings need Thielen replacement and KJ Osbourne didn’t step up as much last year.
- Jacksonville Jaguars: Deonte Banks, CB, Maryland
Chiseled of stone. Freak athlete. Can play the run game.
- New York Giants: Quentin Johnston, WR, TCU
Giants WR room still stinks even after free agent signings. I don’t think Johnston will transition to NFL very well.
- Dallas Cowboys: O’Cyrus Torrence, IOL, Florida
Cowboys always seem to draft lineman well. He should develop well at guard in their offense.
- Buffalo Bills: Drew Sanders, LB, Arkansas
Alabama transfer then balled out. Buffalo needs to fill hole left by Edmunds. They also need to invest in Defense.
- Cincinnati Bengals: Emmanuel Forbes, CB, Miss State
FBS record holder in pick 6s
- New Orleans Saints: Calijah Kancey, DL, Pitt
Undersized otherwise would go way higher.
- Philadelphia Eagles: Brian Branch, S, Alabama
Extremely unfair the eagles have two first round picks. They get lucky with Branch sliding to them.
- Kansas City Chiefs: Will McDonald, EDGE, Iowa State
Forced 10 fumbles in college.
For more news from across the Shenandoah Valley, click here.
This year’s Grand Marshall for the Shenandoah Apple Blossom Festival was Terry Bradshaw.
He was excited to finally make it to the festival after originally signing on two years ago.
Bradshaw was impressed by the amount of Steeler’s fans in the area and has his own ties to the region.
His favorite song to sing with his daughter is “Crazy” by Winchester native Patsy Cline.
Bradshaw said, “we have been singing that song together since she was 3 years old but my daughter is a much better singer than I am.”
The Hall of Fame quarterback reflected on his career and said what he is most proud of are his four Super Bowl victories.
“Anybody can have stats but to be a great quarterback you have to win,” said Bradshaw.
He then went on to discuss some of his favorite quarterbacks to watch play currently, “Tom Brady, Justin Herbert, Patrick Mahomes, and Matt Stafford have the stats and can win.”
When turning his focus to the newest Steelers quarterback Kenny Pickett he said, “I got to speak with him the day after he was drafted and congratulated him. Pittsburgh is a great franchise and will put him in a position to succeed. It’s the perfect fit. He’s smart and competitive.”
Terry also believes that Carson Wentz should succeed in Washington with the Commanders, “as long as he gets protection. He was unfairly criticized after his injury, but I am rooting for him. He’s a good person and I like to root for good people.”