- Contact Us
The Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles is now offering driver privilege cards.
The cards are for individuals who are non-US citizens who cannot meet Virginia’s legal presence requirements.
The cards are available to those ineligible to receive a standard or REAL ID-compliant driver’s license in Virginia.
Customers may be eligible to obtain a driver privilege card if they meet the following criteria:
· are a non-U.S. citizen who is a resident of Virginia
· have reported income from Virginia sources or are claimed as a dependent on a tax return filed in Virginia in the past 12 months
· do not have a driving privilege that is currently suspended or revoked in Virginia or any other state, to include insurance-related infractions
In order to obtain a driver privilege card in Virginia, the following documents must be provided:
· Two proofs of identity (e.g., foreign passport and Consular identification document issued by country of citizenship)
· Two proofs of Virginia residency (e.g., monthly mortgage statement and utility bill)
· Proof of Social Security number (if one has been issued) or the individual’s taxpayer identification number (e.g., W-2 form or ITIN letter)
· Tax return documentation (e.g. Virginia Resident Form, Virginia Part-Year Resident Income Tax Return Form or Virginia Nonresident Income Tax Return Form, filed in the past 12 months)
All documents must be originals and are subject to verification; however, printouts of approved online residency documents may be accepted.
To get more information or to set up an appointment go to dmvNOW.com.
For more news from across the Shenandoah Valley, click here.