- Contact Us
Warren County Fire and Rescue (WCFR) report a fire that displaced the residents in the Reliance area.
Just past 10 a.m. December 5 WCFR answered the call in the 100 block of Buckhorn Road.
Middletown Fire and Rescue arrived first and found a single-family dwelling with fire visible throughout the roof system of the home.
Two residents were at home at the time and were able to escape before firefighters arrived.
One adult had to be transported to the hospital to be treated for a non-life-threatening illness.
Fire crews from Stephens City, Strasburg, Millwood Station, Clarke and Winchester Fire and Rescue assisted with suppressing the fire.
Frederick County Fire and Rescue took the initial call because of the location of the home.
Units remained on the scene for several hours to ensure the fire was fully extinguished.
The home was deemed uninhabitable with the American Red Cross assisting the former residents.
The Warren County Fire Marshal’s Office determined that the fire was caused by a failure in the chimney attached to a woodstove.
WCFR would like to remind residents to check smoke detectors.
If you need a smoke detector you should contact your local fire department for assistance in getting one.
For more news from across the Shenandoah Valley, click here.