- Contact Us
Our conversation today with Elaine Specht, President of the Northern Shenandoah Valley Master Gardeners Association gave us several tips for getting our gardens ready – or leaving them alone – plus how to tell if old seeds are still viable. She told us how to start a garden journal and why you’ll be glad you did.
We talked about their upcoming Seed Exchange at Blandy happening on January 29, 2021 – hopefully in person – as well as several other events happening in the coming months. Plus, she gave us a quick rundown of the seed libraries the organization started a few years ago.
Finally, we talked about their GreenHelpLine where if you have any type of gardening question, Extension Master Gardener volunteers will research your problem and provide unbiased, research-based solutions. They can answer questions about trees, shrubs, house plants, perennials, annuals, and more! E-mail a description and photos of your gardening problems to the GreenHelpLine in your county.
- Clarke: NSVMGA.firstname.lastname@example.org (include “Clarke County Gardening Question” in the subject line)
- Frederick: GreenHelpLine.FrederickCo@gmail.com
- Page: NSVMGA.email@example.com (include “Page County Gardening Question” in the subject line)
- Shenandoah: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Warren: GreenHelpLine.WarrenCo@gmail.com