Thanksgiving Fire Smolders Home on Heaven Road
December 2, 2019
FRONT ROYAL – While many were sitting down for their Thanksgiving meals, six people were forced to evacuate their home due to a chimney fire in Warren County.
Warren County Fire and Rescue Department responded to a call about a fire on Heaven Road just after 1 pm on Nov. 28. Flames were visible and smoking from the two story building when firefighters arrived on the scene.
The fire began in the chimney of the home and spread quickly to the roof. High winds that afternoon increased the danger of the blaze, and it threatened to spread to nearby homes. Six adults and several animals evacuated building prior to the arrival of Warren County Fire and Rescue. Eventually, WCFR was able to continue suppression efforts when the wind died down, and contained the fire within an hour of arrival. It did not spread to any other buildings in the area.
Warren County Fire Marshal’s determined that the chimney was the origin of the blaze and that it spread to the attic and over the roof. According to a WCFR press release, $200,000 in damages were caused to the home and it is also uninhabitable. American Red Cross assisted the inhabitants. None of the residents were injured as a result of the house fire, and one firefighter was treated for a minor injury on location.
Photo Courtesy: Warren County Fire and Rescue Department
For more news from across the Shenandoah Valley and beyond, click here
Josh Henry WCFR, Heaven Road Fire, Thanksgiving Fire, Fire on Heaven Road, Six Displaced in Warren Fire, Warren Fire, Warren County Fire Marshals, chimney fire, Warren County house fire, Thanksgiving, american red cross, Warren County Fire and Rescue