Top Of Virginia Chamber Of Commerce Valor Award Winners
3 November 2017 News
Members of the community attended the 5th Annual Valor Awards on November 2nd, to honor local public safety members and every day citizens who have gone above and beyond to ensure the safety of others. The Top of Virginia Chamber announced the 2016-2017 Valor Award Winners.
During the Valor Awards, the attendees heard stories of the award winners and their acts of courage and compassion in their attempts to protect and save others. The acts of heroism include first responders who revived a co-worker in cardiac arrest, citizens who came to the aid of a woman being accosted on the street, officers dealing with those suffering from poor mental health, and deputies and firefighters risking life and limb to assist those in dire need even though their chances of survival were slim.
Citizen Award: Recognition of citizen(s) for their extraordinary acts of courage in emergency situations or actions which directly result in the saving of a human life.
- Wanda Shepley
- Roger Marchant
- Casey Marchant
Unit Citation: Recognition of acts by a unit/division/company demonstrating unusual judgment, ingenuity and/or personal risk and bravery during an emergency situation, when such action is beyond that normally expected in the performance of duty.
- Winchester Police Department | Second Shift A Squad
- Officer Mark Fischer
- Master Officer Sean O’Connor
- Corporal Justin Schumer
- Sergeant Josh Spishak
- Winchester Police Department |First Shift A Squad
- Master Officer Aaron Cave
- Detective Lisa Hyde
- Officer Katlynn Slonaker
- Master Officer Brian South
- Corporal Thomas Wyatt
Meritorious Action Award: Recognition of individuals for exemplary action, placing themselves in a situation of personal risk.
- Officer Brandon Piper, Berryville Police Department
- Officer Donald Mason, Berryville Police Department
Lifesaving Award: Recognition of actions in emergency circumstances which directly results in saving of a human life.
- Deputy James Herron, Clarke County Sheriff’s Office
- Sergeant Jason Hough, Clarke County Sheriff’s Office
- Rebecca White, Clarke County Sheriff’s Office
- Rebecca Richards, Clarke County Sheriff’s Office
- Christopher Smith, Continental
- Erle Shull, Continental
- Deputy Stephen Gregory, Frederick County Sheriff’s Office
- Deputy David Cullers, Frederick County Sheriff’s Office
- Sergeant Michael David Ellinger, Frederick County Sheriff’s Office
- Deputy Samantha Garrison, Frederick County Sheriff’s Office
- Deputy Travis Adamson, Frederick County Sheriff’s Office
- Sergeant Brian King, Winchester Police Department
Silver Award of Valor – Recognition of acts involving significant personal risk and bravery beyond that which is expected during the normal performance of duty.
- Master Officer Jason Poe, Winchester Police Department
Gold Award of Valor – Recognition of acts involving supreme sacrifice or extreme personal risk and heroism which is clearly above and beyond the call of duty.
- Wade Wilson, Clarke County Fire and EMS Department
- DeWayne Nalls, Clarke County Fire and EMS Department
These awards acknowledged heroic acts during the time period of July 1, 2016 – June 30, 2017.
Josh Henry winchester chamber awards, first responders awards, Top Virginia Chamber, chamber's valor awards, Clarke County Fire and Rescue, Clarke County Sheriff's Office, Berryville Police Department, Frederick County Sheriff's Office, Winchester Police Department, Fire and Rescue