Top of Virginia Regional Chamber Presents Check
3 February 2017 News
The Top of Virginia Regional Chamber presented the Winchester Fire and Rescue Foundation a $5,500 check to benefit the Canteen Unit on February 2, 2017. The Canteen Unit will be used as a regional asset providing food and rehab services for first responders. The proceeds come from the Top of Virginia Regional Chamber 4th Annual Valor Awards presented by City National Bank, which took place on Thursday, November 3, 2016.
Richard Kennedy, CEO of the Top of Virginia Regional Chamber stated, “The Chamber is honored to host the Valor Awards and give back to those that give so much to our community. This event supports one of our 3 year strategic initiatives and makes us a stronger community partner.”
The Valor Awards honor local public safety members and every day citizens who have gone above and beyond to ensure the safety of others. The 5th annual Valor Awards will take place Thursday, November 2, 2017.
The 2015-2016 award recipients were:
- Patrick Lickey, Ralph Elliott, Darrell Ferrebee – Town of Berryville Public Works
- Daniel Stottlemeyer and Jackson Miller – Civilians
- WFR A-Shift Personnel – Winchester Fire & Rescue
- WFR B-Shift Personnel – Winchester Fire & Rescue
- Deputy Steven Alger – Frederick County Sheriff’s Office
- Firefighters Bryant Gochenour, Jeffrey Hartman, Matthew Morris, Kevin Layman – Winchester Fire & Rescue
- WPD Officer Jason Schumer, Officer Thurman and Communications Specialist Kelly Brill – Winchester Police
- Cpl. Keith Nixon – Winchester Police
- Deputy William Comstock & Deputy Aaron Jeter – Frederick County Sheriff’s Office
- Lt. Warren Gosnell – Frederick County Sheriff’s Office
- Deputy Eric White – Frederick County Sheriff’s Office
- Sgt. Jason Hough – Clarke Co. Sheriff’s Office
- Deputy Eric Cutter – Frederick County Sheriff’s Office
- Deputy Anthony Madigan – Frederick County Sheriff’s Office
- Trooper Pamela Neff – Virginia State Police
- Sgt. David Holliday – Frederick County Sheriff’s Office
- Merrill Naylor – Civilian
Categories include the Citizen’s Award, Lifesaving Award, Unit Citation, Meritorious Action Award, Certificate of Valor, Bronze Medal of Valor, Silver Medal of Valor, and Gold Medal of Valor. These awards acknowledgedheroic acts during the time period of January 1, 2015 – June 30, 2016.