• Home
  • Town Council Decides Crooked Run West Water Request

Town Council Decides Crooked Run West Water Request

7 November 2019 Front Royal/Warren County News

November 7, 2019

FRONT ROYAL – The Front Royal Town Council will vote on the Crooked Run West request for town water to be sent to a potential residential development off of Winchester Rd.

The Council has deliberated whether or not to agree to send a requested 40,000 gallons of water a day to a potential future residential development. Crooked Run West made a presentation to the Town Council during a work session in October, to explain their future water needs. After several weeks of consideration, the Council decided that an official vote would give the developer a clear answer once and for all.

Warren County has not yet approved the Crooked Run West zoning request to change the land in question from commercial to residential. On top of that, several Town Council members expressed their belief that the Town either can’t or shouldn’t want to authorize water to a potential residential development in the area.

“I don’t think we can furnish enough water out there under the present conditions,” Councilman and Mayor-Elect Eugene Tewalt said. “Right now, there is almost a restricted water usage this point in the year. Are we going to keep what we’ve got for our own customers in Front Royal who have paid for it? Or are we going to stretch it out and open the doors to one, and to others that may request it.”

Several other members agreed with the general premise that the Town should not grant the request for water usage, and an official vote on the subject will take place during the next scheduled Town Council meeting on Nov. 12.


For more news from across the Shenandoah Valley and beyond, click here

, , , , , , , , ,