Trailer Fire Leaves Woodstock Family Homeless
17 January 2018 News
A three-person Woodstock family was left homeless when a blaze destroyed a trailer and nearby camper at 832 Stultz Gap Drive on Tuesday.
Owner Wayne Kipps, 77, reportedly said that he didn’t notice the trailer fire until after he came home from the grocery store at 11 a.m. that day. He was able to alert his wife and son in time to get out safely, and the family was able to save their two dogs as well.
Shenandoah County Fire Marshal Dave Ferguson was quoted as saying that the fire was likely caused by an overloaded extension cord in the rear bedroom.
The Red Cross is currently providing the family temporary shelter and aid; anyone wishing to help the Kipps family should contact Jackie Cooper at 540-335-8501.
News_one Trailer, Kipps, Wayne, Three, Red Cross, Dave Fergusion, Extension Cord, Jackie Cooper, Stultz Gap Drive, shelter, Camper, Family, Aid, homeless, Woodstock, fire marshal, Shenandoah County, fire