United Way Need Clients for Annual Day of Caring
17 February 2017 News
The United Way of Front Royal and Warren County has begun planning for its 2017 Day of Caring and is accepting applications for clients. This year’s event will be held on May 5, 2017 from 9 A.M. to 4 P.M
United Way volunteers will help those applicants selected with home repairs and cleaning tasks, such as painting, yard work, landscaping, minor plumbing, electrical and carpentry work—pending required expertise. We will consider jobs that they can relatively complete within a day, but larger projects may also be considered.
The ABSOLUTE DEADLINE for RECEIVING COMPLETED APPLICATIONS at the United Way office is April 7, 2017
- As with every year, the hardest part of this project is finding qualified individuals to work for. All clients must meet the following criteria for acceptance:
- Live in Front Royal or Warren County
- Total income must be 150% below the current federal poverty guidelines
- Own/live in the home and be disabled or physically unable to do the work themselves
- Home must not be on the market for sale or being prepared for sale
- Have not received assistance from Day of Caring/United Way in prior years
If you are aware of anyone needing some help to stay comfortable in their homes, PLEASE have them contact us here at the United Way. Last year we had more volunteers than we could possibly use, so please help us find some good clients to help out this year.
Last year’s event had more than 130 volunteers turn out to work on more than 31 projects in the county.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call the United Way office at 540-635-3636, or
- Mail to: PO Box 509, Front Royal, VA 22630
For applications visit their website at frontroyalunitedway.org