Valley Health launches 10K mask challenge
Valley Health launched its “Sew Helpful Community Challenge” with the goal to collect 10,000 handmade masks in two weeks. The handmade masks will help Valley Health preserve and extend their current supply of personal protective equipment.
For those who sew but do not have appropriate mask material, a limited number of pre-cut mask kits are available for pickup. Kits may be requested by calling 540-536-8158. Request only the the amount of masks that can be completed and returned in two days. One kit contains material for 10 masks.
Masks will be received at the drop-off locations listed below and will be sanitized before being distributed to staff. In order to ensure the highest possible level of protection, please follow the step-by-step instructions for making masks with elastic and masks without elastic.
Masks may be dropped off weekdays from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the following locations:
- Hampshire Memorial Hospital, Romney, WV – Outside Main Entrance
- Page Memorial Hospital, Luray, VA – Outside Emergency Department Entrance
- Shenandoah Memorial Hospital, Woodstock, VA – South Entrance, Door #3
- War Memorial Hospital, Berkeley Springs, WV – Outside Main Entrance
- Warren Memorial Hospital, Front Royal, VA – Outside Emergency Department Patient Entrance
- Winchester Medical Center, Winchester, VA – South Tower Entrance (under canopy)
Additional information on the community challenge and other ways to help in the fight against COVID-19 can be found on this page.
For more news from across the Shenandoah Valley, click here.
News_one pre-cut mask kits available, mask drop-off locations, 10000 handmade masks in two weeks, valley health community challenge, Sew Helpful Community Challenge, handmade masks for healthcare workers, preserve and extend PPE supply, war memorial hospital, Hampshire Memorial Hospital, Page Memorial Hospital, Shenandoah Memorial Hospital, Warren Memorial Hospital, Winchester Medical Center