Volunteers needed to donate blood in upcoming local drives
Since COVID-19 hit the United States, the American Red Cross has faced numerous obstacles in trying to keep its blood banks stocked. A lot of the typical demands for blood don’t go away during an event like this. The Red Cross needs your help and donations now, more than ever.
Though many blood drives have been suspended, there are still opportunities to give blood locally.
- Thursday, April 30
- Winchester Blood Donation Center, Winchester, 12 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- American Legion, Woodstock, 12 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Saturday, May 2
- Winchester Blood Donation Center, Winchester, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 13
- American Legion, Woodstock, 12 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Friday, May 15
- Warren County Health & Human Services, Front Royal, 11:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
The Red Cross is taking protective measures to assure everyone can give blood safely. Visit redcrossblood.org to search for additional blood drives in the area.
For more news from across the Shenandoah Valley, click here.
News_one local blood drives, blood donors needed, volunteer to donate blood, red cross blood services, virginia red cross, winchester blood donation center, american legion woodstock, warren county health & human services, protective measures, give blood safely, local blood donation, american red cross