Skip to content

Warren County fire caused by improperly discarded fireworks

thanksgiving safety tips

The Warren County Fire Marshal’s Office reports that improperly discarded fireworks likely caused a blaze.

Firefighters responded to a house fire in the 2000 block of Long Meadow Road.

The garage portion of the home looks to have sustained a great deal of damage.

The fire looks to have spread to the roof of the home causing considerable damage.

Fireworks have often been used well beyond the fourth of July.

Warren County Fire Marshal’s Office reminds residents that the best way to dispose of any fireworks is to soak them thoroughly in a bucket of water before throwing them away.

This includes spent fireworks, unused or ones that didn’t go off.

Residents should double wrap soaked fireworks in two plastic bags so they don’t dry out.

Throw all wrapped fireworks in an outdoor trash can.

The investigation of the Long Meadow Road fire continues with details forthcoming.

For more news from across the Shenandoah Valley, click here.

Related Posts