- Contact Us
WCFR battle a blaze that displaces 6 people
Warren County Fire and Rescue (WCFR) reports responding to a house fire in the 100 block of Sugar Maple Road in Shenandoah Shores around 7 Saturday morning.
Firefighters arrived to find significant smoke conditions throughout the home with fire visible in the basement.
All occupants had evacuated before firefighters arrived with no injuries reported.
The fire breached the floor and was spreading into the main living area as Firefighters arrived.
Crews remained on the scene for just under 3 hours but were able to extinguish the fire just over 40 minutes after arrival.
The fire rendered the home uninhabitable with the six occupants being assisted by the American Red Cross.
The Warren County Fire Marshal’s Office determined the fire originated in the basement caused by an electrical malfunction of an appliance.
The home did not have working smoke alarms.
Warren County Fire Chief Bonzano reminds citizens that Warren County Fire and Rescue Services offers free smoke alarms to qualified families.
Contacted the fire department at 540-636-3830 or find out more here.
Chief Bonzano would like to thank the Luray Fire Department and Marshall Medical for filling in at the Warren County Fire Station.
Front Royal, Linden, Chester Gap, Fortsmouth, Shenandoah Farms and Shores and Warren County North and South responded to the call.
For more news from across the Shenandoah Valley, click here.