Skip to content

WCFR battle a grill fire and grilling safety tips

It is grilling season and Warren County Fire and Rescue reports that they have already responded to a fire that began with an outdoor grill.

Just after 7:30 p.m. May 7 units from Front Royal, North Warren and Rivermont reported the fire in the 200 block of East Criser Road.

An outdoor cooking structure was well involved and spreading toward the residence when crews arrived.

Firefighters extinguished the fire quickly and noted that the home’s non-combustible siding was the reason there wasn’t more damage.

The outdoor cooking structure, however, was a total loss fortunately there were no injuries reported in the blaze.

The Winchester Fire and Rescue Department reminds grillers that keeping the grill clean is one of the most important safety tips especially when it comes to fat and grease build up.

More grilling safety tips are available from the Federal Emergency Management can be found here.

For more news from across the Shenandoah Valley, click here.

Related Posts