Skip to content

Winchester firefighters: Maintain fire extinguishers

Drew DeHaven

Winchester firefighters remind residents of the importance of maintaining a working fire extinguisher after responding to a kitchen fire this week in which the occupant put out the fire using one.

Firefighters responded to the residence on Tuesday, Winchester Fire and Rescue said Friday. The resident had a fire on top of the stove and used a fire extinguisher to put it out. It was the fourth such incident in six months that city firefighters responded to, the department said.

Officials remind residents to keep well-maintained fire extinguishers, especially in hazardous areas like kitchens, garages and basements. It’s also important to maintain working smoke alarms, they said.

For more news from across the Shenandoah Valley, click here.

Related Posts